PUBLISHING JENKINS BUILD RESULT UNDER JIRA
The features of this project are implemented by two plugins.
- The Jenkins Plugin for JIRA plugin that is required to be installed in JIRA, see also the Marketplace link on the left.
- The JIRA Plugin for Jenkins plugin that is optional, but recommended.
Generate a new token in GitHub or GitHub Enterprise
Log in as a user with administrative rights on the account:
- Choose Edit Your Profile.
- Select Applications.
- Choose Register new application.
- Enter JIRA DVCS for the Application Name.
- Enter the JIRA Software URL for both the URL and Callback URL fields. Press Register Application.
- Make sure you enter the JIRA Software Base URL (for example, https://example.atlassian.net) for both the Homepage URL and Authorization callback URL fields. Don’t use the dashboard URL (https://example.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa).
- SeeJSWSERVER-14228 – Entering mismatched URL for GIT causes error CLOSED
- For JIRA 6.2, the URL to use is https://example.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/oauth/authorize .
- Keep your browser open to your DVCS and go to the next step.
Step 2. Link the account on JIRA Software
Do the following to complete the link between your DVCS and JIRA Software:
- Log in to JIRA Software as a user with administrative rights.
- From the JIRA Software dashboard click the (settings) icon.
- Choose Applications.
- From the Integrations section on the left, choose DVCS accounts.
- Click Link Bitbucket Cloud or GitHub account.
- Choose Bitbucket Cloud as your Host value.
- Enter a Team or User Account name.
- For example, if you want to link the account that owns the https://bitbucket.org/tutorials/markdowndemo repository, you would enter tutorials for the Team or User Account value. Linking the tutorials account links all of that account’s repositories, not only the markdowndemo repository.
- Copy the OAuth Key and Secret values from your DVCS site into the dialog.
- GitHub’s Client ID is equivalent to the OAuth Key. And the Client Secret is equivalent to the OAuth Secret.
- Leave the default auto link and smart commits (recommended) as is or change them.
Follow this link
JENKINS CONFIGURATION IN Jira
https://marvelution.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JJI/Jenkins+Configuration+in+JIRA once this is completed and ok it should show soemthing like this
Post this whenever there is a code commit with issue number it will update the CI Build pane under jira issue screen with the status (success,fail..)